Texans’ Recent Performance:
- Passing Game: The Texans have a quarterback, Davis Mills, who has shown promise with a completion rate of 60.8% and 3,642 passing yards in 2022. He has thrown 20 touchdowns and 19 interceptions, which suggests room for improvement in protecting the ball.
- Rushing Game: The Texans have a relatively balanced rushing attack with a few running backs contributing, but no standout star. They’ve averaged 90.5 rushing yards per game.
- Receiving Corps: Brandin Cooks has been the primary target in the passing game, with 1,476 receiving yards and 20 touchdowns. However, the Texans lack significant depth in their receiving corps.
- Defense: The Texans’ defense has struggled, allowing an average of 24.7 points per game. They’ve recorded 18 turnovers (9 interceptions and 9 fumbles) and 39 sacks.
- Special Teams: Ka’imi Fairbairn has been reliable as the kicker, making 29 out of 31 field goals. The punter, Cameron Johnston, has averaged 48.1 yards per punt.
Ravens’ Recent Performance:
- Passing Game: The Ravens have a dual-threat quarterback in Lamar Jackson, who has passed for 3,202 yards with 19 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Jackson’s ability to make plays with his legs adds another dimension to their offense.
- Rushing Game: The Ravens have a strong rushing attack led by Lamar Jackson and J.K. Dobbins, with a total of 2,720 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns in 2022.
- Receiving Corps: Mark Andrews is the top receiver with 847 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns. The Ravens have a balanced receiving corps with multiple contributors.
- Defense: The Ravens have a solid defense that has allowed an average of 20.5 points per game. They’ve recorded 19 turnovers (8 interceptions and 11 fumbles) and 38 sacks.
- Special Teams: Justin Tucker is one of the most reliable kickers in the NFL, and the Ravens have strong special teams units.
The Ravens have a more balanced and effective offense, with Lamar Jackson leading a potent rushing attack and a solid passing game. They also have a stronger defense compared to the Texans. However, the Texans have shown potential in their passing game, particularly with Davis Mills and Brandin Cooks.
Considering the overall performance and strengths of both teams, the Ravens appear to be the stronger team in this matchup. They have a more well-rounded offense and a better defense. Therefore, I predict that the Ravens will win the upcoming game against the Texans. However, any given Sunday can bring surprises in the NFL, and the Texans may have opportunities to compete if they can limit turnovers and exploit weaknesses in the Ravens’ defense.
Betting line odds:
|Houston: +9.5, -110||o43.5, -110||+350 ML|
|Baltimore: -9.5, -110||u43.5, -110||-500 ML|
Our best bet for 9/11/23:
Houston spread (but buy an extra point)