Team Statistics Comparison:
- Bengals: 26.1 points per game
- Browns: 21.2 points per game
The Bengals had a higher average scoring per game in the last season, indicating a stronger offensive performance compared to the Browns.
- Bengals: 265.0 net passing yards per game
- Browns: 202.6 net passing yards per game
The Bengals also had a higher net passing yardage per game, suggesting a more potent passing attack.
- Bengals: 95.5 rushing yards per game
- Browns: 146.5 rushing yards per game
The Browns had a more effective rushing game with a higher average rushing yardage per game.
Total Offensive Yards:
- Bengals: 378.0 total yards per game
- Browns: 364.7 total yards per game
Both teams were fairly evenly matched in terms of total offensive yards per game.
- Bengals: +1
- Browns: -1
The Bengals had a positive turnover ratio, indicating better ball security compared to the Browns, who had a negative turnover ratio.
Key Player Performance Comparison:
- Bengals’ Joe Burrow had an impressive season with a passer rating of 100.8 and 35 touchdowns.
- Browns’ Jacoby Brissett and Deshaun Watson combined for 12 touchdowns and 6 interceptions.
Joe Burrow’s performance was superior to the Browns’ quarterbacks in terms of touchdown passes and passer rating.
- Bengals’ Joe Mixon rushed for 814 yards and 7 touchdowns.
- Browns’ Nick Chubb rushed for 1,525 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Nick Chubb had a remarkable rushing season, outperforming Joe Mixon in both yards and touchdowns.
- Bengals’ Ja’Marr Chase had an outstanding season with 87 receptions for 1,046 yards and 9 touchdowns.
- Browns’ Amari Cooper led his team with 78 receptions for 1,160 yards and 9 touchdowns.
Ja’Marr Chase and Amari Cooper were both key contributors to their respective teams’ passing attacks.
Based on the analysis, the Bengals had a stronger offense last season, particularly in passing, while the Browns had a more effective rushing game led by Nick Chubb. The Bengals also had a better turnover ratio. However, the Browns had a strong rushing defense, which could potentially limit the Bengals’ ground game.
Our best bet for 9/11/23: